Wednesday, March 28

Weather Blog #16

Although I have not posted in the last couple weeks it does not mean I haven't been paying attention to the weather! I spent most of the last two weeks without internet because I participated in a class in New York through the UWEC art & design department, so I do not have graphs and charts to back up my findings, but I do have a few photos of clouds that I took myself!

I'm starting to find it a little easier to predict how the day is going to go based on the cloud patterns in the morning, and when I'm correct it's really exciting!!

My first experience with this was two weeks ago when the warm front came through for the first time ( I believe it was tuesday, march 13th). I spent my day in the graphic design lab, but each time I looked out the window I saw a different type of cloud. By the time it was sunset it dawned on me that it was a warm front cloud pattern! The day began with cirrus clouds, moved into altostratus and then stratus clouds. I said to the friends I was with that it was going to rain before morning and they didn't believe me-but low and behold when we left the lab at 2:30am to go get a snack it was pouring rain!

Another experience that I had was last week in New York City. In the morning there were cumulus humulus clouds scattered across the sky and I told everyone to watch them because if they began to grow taller it would mean rain. Throughout the day they got bigger and covered more of the sky, and there was a little bit of vertical development so I said that we could probably expect some rain in the next day. The next morning when we woke up to go to Good Morning America it was raining! Here is a picture of the cumulus humulus clouds that I had seen the day before:

No comments:

Post a Comment